A Sincere Gift

Hello everyone!! let me start the post by showing you all, a cute picture of a teddy bear:

I named her Chrisy since i got her around during Christmas

I got her during a recent outing to 1Borneo... again. Anyway Chrisy is what I call a charity bear. She is sold for RM15 each and comes with flier that mentions where the charity money goesto. You can to write your name on a card and hang it on a big Christmas tree after you purchase the teddy too.

To be honest I didn't want to buy her in the 1st place, I didn't even know there was a charity program going on. But my mum insisted that I buy the bear, by giving me the money and asking me to write my name on the card instead of her's. I must admit, I wasn't showing my best expression when I gave the money because I didn't really know where the charity money was going to.

When I got back, I took some time to read the flier. "Skycommunity" is from Skyline SIB, one of the most famous city churches in Kota Kinabalu. Their motto is "Serving the community in need with no string attached". Skycommunity's desire was to reach and bless the S.T.O.P. people - the Special, the Torn, The Oppressed and the Poor.

What struck me the most was the sentence "no strings attached", a simple sentence with with a lot of meaning. They are sharing God's love without any terms and conditions, without hoping for any reward. I was very humbled by these words, because I remember, I bought Chrisy without sincerity! Why is it that they can do charity work without expecting any reward in return while I can't show even the slightest bit of appreciation for their hard work? Instead, I gave them a sulky face when I bought Chrisy.

Sirach 18: 15-18
My child, when you help someone, don't reprimand him at the same time. When you make a gift, don't say anything that hurts. Your words count for more than what you give. Even dew gives some relief during a spell of hot weather. Yes, kind word are more effective than the best of gifts, and if you are really concerned, you will give both. It is stupid to be unkind and insulting. No one's eye are going to sparkle at a gift that you resent giving.

My dear brother and sisters, how frequent have you helped the people around you in your daily life? Regularly? If so, how many times have you done it out of sincerity? Without hoping for any reward?

Let us not forget that this Christmas season is also the season of giving and sharing too. When we give presents to someone, regardless if its someone you're close to or not, take a second to ask and remind yourself what is the true reason you're giving it. When you give a present with a sincere heart, it shows, and it will bring more joy to the person who receives it. And even though no one knows, do remember that God knows everything, and He will be very pleased of what you have done.

Merry Christmas everyone, and may God bless you all.



Love,
Lionel

No comments: