Testimony of Cheshire Home, by Qiki

This is the first time I go to this kind of place, Cheshire Home, and when I came and arrive at that place I feel really scared because I never go to that kind of place before. But I tried not to be scared because I went with my other friends, and I know maybe this is the first or second time for them to go and visit that kind of place too.

When we start to meet them (the disabled peoples), I start to feel pity for their life and, I felt sad because unlike us who have perfect and complete body and can live full of freedom outside the world, but them? They can only stay at that home and far away from their families.

But I felt so happy, because when we play and share stories with each other, I can feel the happiness around them. And I manage to know one of the girl there, her name is Julia, and she's from Bintulu.


She felt so happy when she know that I came from Bintulu too. And she asked me to give her my handphone number. Julia told me that she start staying at Cheshire Home since she she was 10 years, and now she is 19 years old. And for 9 years she stayed at Cheshire and do you know how many times she went back to Bintulu?

Once

But I know she still feels happy to stay there because she although she is far away from her family she still got a lot of friend to befriend with her.

So, I felt that I was wrong when I feel scare at the first time because they never made me scare at first, but instead they made me feel happy and comforting. ^^



-Qiki-

No comments: