A Visitation To Cheshire Home

On 17th January 2010, a Sunday afternoon, I went to visit the Cheshire Home with all the committee members in ICCF. Cheshire Home is a place where the people with disabilities live together. This was my first time visit to Cheshire Home. So I felt happy and excited.

When we reach there, the person in charge has not arrived yet. So, we waited at there for a while. While we were waiting, we had a chance to walk around. I saw a small swimming pool there.



I saw many disabled people were sitting on the wheelchair. They can speak and express themselves but unclear. Some people may have disability that lasts for a short period of time whereas some may lasts for a whole lifetime.

We took pictures together. They looked very happy even though they are disabled. I saw Ah Ben went to hug a little boy who was tied beside the table. i was shocked of his action. We also distributed the oranges and "ang pao" to the. They were happy when received the gifts. I saw there were still many disabled people who were lying on the bed. I felt pitiful when I saw them.

There were many hand made handicrafts. The key chains in different types and shapes are handmade by the disabled people in the Cheshire Home. A woman is making blanket. They enjoyed their life. I think they are very strong to live in this world.


This visitation gives awareness to me to be grateful for what I have now and what is given to me by the God. I hope I have opportunity to go there again in the future.



By Kate

No comments: